Monday, June 11, 2012

Well look at that #5 Light switches

Grrr!! These crazy light switches!

I know, I know...and deep in my heart I am grateful that I live in a place with electricity. But tonight I am just aggravated that after 11 days I still can't figure out how to turn on the lights!

Our apartment has a living room/office, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. This switch, which  you may be able to tell, is about 8 inches off the floor in the bedroom--and turns on the light in the bathroom.

I think.

The switch in the living room turns on the light in the kitchen.
And you NEVER touch the switch in the kitchen. It turns off the lights in the landlord's dining room.

Yes, for real.

In some of the "big" ways, I think I am finding my place here.  I see the beginings of some relationships with my Nicaraguan sisters and co-workers. I am finding (a few!) areas of competency, and am feeling less shocked by how different every inch of this place is.

But the "little" ways can trip you up. Just when I think I'm getting my feet solidly under me, I turn off the light in the bathroom.....
sigh---
You don't see that every day.
(and neither do I, since it's dark and I can't find the switch)


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?