Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Well, look at that! #2 Frankenstein Coffeepot Showerhead

So for the next few days I'd like to share some little something that is either new to me or at least unusual in the US.

Today: The Frankenstein Coffeepot Shower 

nope, dunno what that hang-y down part does

This particular shower-head is in fact new from the box. That's because I caught the last one on fire. 


Here's how it works: We have running water at the mission. (non-potable and cold only) This nifty device lets you have a warm shower. Water collects in the reservoir and heats up then drips (kind of like a coffee pot) ideally it mixes with the regular cold water streaming by. Achieving this balance requires quite some practice I'm told.

Evidently--if the reservoir turns bright orange and steam is blasting out the little holes you should run before you are electrocuted. So, now I know about that, and we have a new shower head. 

You don't see that every day! (well, I guess I do.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?