Sunday, July 1, 2012

Bug Spray

This morning, as we gathered on the veranda for "English Bible Class" we passed around a can of mosquito repellent. Intern Margaret commented, as she hosed herself down with the sticky smelly stuff, "Aw--and I was just clean."

That's how it is here. We have showers in the mission--we have running water--you can get clean.
You just can't stay clean. You step out of the shower, and must cover up with slimy bug spray or sunscreen. You put on clean clothes, and step out into the rain, getting splashed by "mud" from the streets.

Isn't that true of us spiritually as well? God has made it so simple for us to get clean. We just seem to have a hard time staying clean. There are so many temptations to cover ourselves with the muck of this world.

I'm so grateful my God smells me shower fresh instead of the way I smell to myself....


 From Hebrews 10 
10 So we are made holy because Christ obeyed God and offered himself once for all.
14 By his one sacrifice he has forever set free from sin the people he brings to God.

18 
When sins are forgiven, there is no more need to offer sacrifices.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?