Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The day of THE Talk

Today marks the three year anniversary of a very important and completely insignificant moment.

It was today, three years ago, that we were here in Jinotega on a one-time only, one-week only trip to bring an auto-refractor to Mision Para Cristo. As we sat on a breezy veranda, singing and sharing the events of the day, a guy I had never had a conversation with made an off-hand remark that would change my immediate future in ways I couldn't imagine. It was the comment that meant we'd be leaving our US life for a very different one in Nicaragua.

Even in hind-sight (you know, when everything makes sense and seems reasonable) the process from "never once considered it" to "packing stuff in a box" was unbelievably fast. (just 48 days!) This is what I was saying about it then:
off hand remarks                happening so fast

And now? It's still such a surprise to me how different things are. How different we are. Here are a few things I notice as I look back on the Hollands who first considered moving here on Oct. 28, 2011.







3 comments:

  1. What do I think? I think you both have the heart of God living in you and care much more for lost souls and the people around you than for the comfort of your own earthly bodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! So fascinating hearing about your adventures. God be praised for the work that you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thankful that you had the conversation three years ago, and also that you packed up and moved to Jinotega. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?