Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dear François Boullier

Dear François Boullier, 

I don't know for sure if you are real--but if you are--I owe you an apology. 

Until these last few weeks, I never really appreciated you and how you've simplified my life. I have taken your contributions for granted, and for that I am sorry. So, if in fact you were a real person (a fact I am not 100% convinced of, because my half-hearted research on your life is kind of sketchy--see for yourself here)  I would like to say thank you very much for your excellent work inventing the cheese grater. 

I have loved cheese and grating it for many, many years and pants sizes--but until I sold and/or packed all my kitchen implements I didn't really appreciate what an important part of my life your cheese grater truly is. Chopping Parmesan with a knife calls upon some culinary skills I simply do not possess.

Thanks again, 
Sheila 
these folks are probably discussing the awesomeness of that new fangled cheese grater

3 comments:

  1. Only too true! When we were packing our container for Rwanda, we actually added another grater so we could do vegetables and cheese at the same time. But of course, sometimes there is no cheese available to grate. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that I have an extensive grater collection. They hang on my wall and look like they are just for decoration, but I grab them down almost daily and use them. Don't know what I'd do without. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey--no fair everyone bragging about their plethora of cheese graters! hee hee hee
    Oh well--so far here in Nicaragua, while I have found some delicious cheese, it is not of the texture that can be grated anyway.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?