Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Week 1

Hello, all!

To say I have been busier than a one-armed paperhanger in a room full of rocking chairs would be an understatement. I have hit the ground running. This is a busy place and I am getting to know those with whom I am working and what it is they do. The people are amazing and I am blessed that God has sent me here.

I have been pleasantly surprised at the size of our apartment, especially the kitchen. We have a range (it doesn't heat) and a refrigerator (it doesn't cool) and some day soon we hope they will serve their designated purposes. 

My Spanish, although showing some improvement, remains "for entertainment purposes only." 

Yesterday I did what we Texans would call off-roading and mudding in an area of the state called Chimborazo. The locals call it "driving to Chimborazo." We are building a school there. School begins here Monday and it looks like we will miss the deadline. So goes construction. We have the roof to complete. We have had rain everyday since I have been here which is unusual as this is the dry season. I will send pictures as soon as missing elements of technology being shipped catch up to me and as soon as I figure out what in the world I am doing here! :-) 

I miss you, look forward to a brief visit in April and am hopeless at counting how blessed I am to have your support, whether it is through encouragement of kind words, financial and/or, most importantly, prayer.

God bless you all,
Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?