Saturday, July 6, 2013

Fruit of the day: Nancites


These are nancites.
I try really hard to write positively about the interesting things I encounter here in Nicaragua.
Hmm...what positive things can I say about nancites?
They are very economical. Two bags this size are around a buck.
They are almost a pretty color of yellow.
Hmmm.....they are...small, so eating one is over quickly?

O.K. I give up. I hate hate hate them. They are awful. And believe me, I have tried. I have a running game with one of the ladies who works here: every morning she's been bringing a bag of them and eating them for breakfast. I try to eat as many as I can without spitting anything out. It's been a week and a half, and my all time record is 2. They are awful.


They have a very powerful and bright fragrance. (You know, like something rotten.)
They texture is soft, creamy and custard-y. (You know, like something rotten.)
They taste--well, like something rotten. The rounded sourness of spoiled milk, with just a hint of the acidity and burn of bad meat.

Yumm.
I tried for this blog post to beat my record of 2 whole nancites consumed.
I was not successful.


Easy to share! Yeah, that's it. Nancites are made  for sharing. Come on down. You can have all of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?