Thursday, January 19, 2012

God sells a cow

Wow.
When we first discussed moving to Nicaragua, Benny (Director of Mision Para Cristo) said, "If God wants it He will fund it." and another time, "God owns the cattle on a thousand hills, if He needs something done around this Earth, He can always sell a cow."

This particular view of funding spoke to us both, and we made our commitment to Nicaragua in just those terms, "God, if you want us to go do this--fund it--fill the volunteer roster--and we'll know."

Now, I imagine that you too have prayed for those "burning bush", "neon sign" types of directions from God--and you have probably had the frustration of what feels like an ambiguous response. Me too. Always.
I've so often heard people saying, "When it's right--you'll just know." Well, not me! I never "just know". I always have that little voice that sees an alternate viewpoint muddy-ing up the waters.

But today, when the phone call came that our minimum financial benchmark to actually make the move had been met--well--I just knew. When I thought of how much the work at Riverside has changed, how ready the new Christians there are to be the servers instead of the served--I knew. When I heard the planing, saw the ownership that the volunteers for some of the community outreach programs  were taking--I knew. When I realized how the random meandering of jobs and experience fit together so neatly into the duties at the Mision--I knew.

To all of you who were watching over God's cattle--thank you for facilitating the sale. Thank you for sending us the cash that will make our part in this work possible. Thank you for your gifts of time that let us leave secure that the 'baby Christians' we care so much about are protected and supported. But at this moment I am most thankful for your role in letting me hear God so clearly. Thank you for making my "neon sign" moment possible. It's so very clear to me that all of this is possible only by God's design. In a world where Satan tries to cloud our vision of God's glory with ambiguity and doubt--you've helped me see through that to the reality beyond.
Thank you!

Psalm 50

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?